While people are fed up with their hefty appetite, some are also worried about their decreasing appetite. Too little appetite can also signal to some serious health issues. If you are also among the group experiencing loss of appetite, have a look upon the below discussion to manage with it.
- Consult a doctor: Doctor’s advice is very essential to be taken. You should know whether you are having loss of appetite as a symptom or there is any serious health complaint. The actual cause requires to be treated and that too as soon as possible.
- Try vegetable juice: Watercress and carrot juices are known to be the best appetite boosters. Having these juices half an hour before meal is a great idea. You can easily make a mixture of these two by squeezing out juice of 4 carrots and handful of watercress. To reduce the bitterness, ample amount of water can be added to it.
- Try some appetizers before meal: Few appetizers that one can have are ginger, dandelion leaves, rosemary and olives.
- Try to get rid of stress before meals: Loss of appetite and stress are very closely associated with each other. To fight this, an aromatherapy massage with few drops of peppermint oil and black pepper oil, five tablespoons of almond oil and one drop of rose attar oil is considered as an effective solution. To do the massage, apply this combination on your abdomen and gradually apply circular and clockwise strokes.
- Address indigestion: Appetite loss can also be due to indigestion. To deal with this, here are few remedies. Chew cardamom seeds or fennel before meals; flavor your food with chicory, artichokes or rosemary, or sip a teaspoon of apple-cider vinegar with water. Some herbal teas like chamomile tea with some cinnamons and cloves can also be helpful.
- Avoid some food and drinks: If you are a smoker, you should know that tobacco suppresses appetite. The number of cigarettes you smoke daily should be reduced to improve your appetite. Also caffeine beverages should be avoided as they also inhibit appetite. So try to avoid these and if you want to have these, make it after having meals.
- Exercise regularly: For maintaining hunger, exercising is always considered as vital. Avoid exercising just after having meal as this may lead to indigestion.
- Regulate your meals: Eating at a habituated timing everyday is proper way and also eat small but regular meals instead of having infrequent ones.
Remember one thing that the underlying cause is more important than appetite loss. So try to search that first.