Sinus is a very common problem and Americans spends hundreds of millions of dollars every year on the treatment of sinus. It can be described as an inflammation or swelling in mucus membranes of sinuses of our face.
Sinus is not very problematic but it can be quite irritating for those people who are battling with this in a day to day life. This is normally set off by an allergic attack. Before addressing sinus problem, it is important to know the common signs and causes behind this problem.
Symptoms of Sinus
1. Yellowish mucus
2. Nasal congestion
3. Blockage of nose
4. Fever and headache
5. Halitosis (bad breath)
6. Dental pain and fatigue
7. Facial pressure or pain
8. Sneezing and sore throat
9. Nasal secretion or Rinorrhea
10. Ear pain, pressure or fullness
Sinus is a debilitating condition and it affects the entire body. Sinus infection can last for few days but on the other side it might last for months also. At some point of time, we all face this problem. Do you know the reasons of sinus inflammation? Have a look at some of the reasons of a sinus infection.
What causes a sinus Infection?
Sinus infection is caused by viruses that trigger common colds. This viral infection gives bacteria a chance to grow inside. It can be allergic, viral, bacterial or fungal. Apart from this exposure to dust particles also leads to sinus infection. Smoking is another reason behind sinus. Any kind of smoke like forest fires, fire extinguishers, and neighborhood burnings can aggravate sinus problem.
Many people suffer from this sinus infection and try many things just to treat it. If you are a sinus victim, then these remedies can bring you relief.
Natural Remedies of Sinus Infection
- Herbal Teas work well in the treatment of sinus inflammation. Add herbal teas like ginger, green tea, lemon tea, mint etc in your diet. These teas are a good source of anti oxidants and reduces the frequency of sinus attacks
- Steam Vapor is one of the best ways to treat sinus naturally. It relieves the pressure on the sinuses and gives you relief from pain too
- Use of Essential Oils helps in the reduction of sinus infection. Add some essential oils like peppermint oil, eucalyptus oil in boiling water.
- Diet reduces the signs of sinus. Remove dairy products from diet because it is one of the causative factors of sinus problem
So, with these easy and simple remedies one can easily tackle the problem of sinus infection.